Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all the christians who read this weblog :)

I am not christian. It's been written in my ID that I am a muslim, but I am not that either! Because I don't act as one. I don't pray, don't fast, don't read Quran, don't believe in the prophets, don't cover my hair, don't cover my hands or legs, I do drink, I do sing, I do dance, I do eat pork... I "do" and "do not" do lots of other things which muslims "should not" or "should" do! And it's all because of my own beliefs. I don't believe in any religion at all.

I believe I should be a nice human, that's all. A nice person for myself and for the others. No harm I should do to anyone, no bad feeling I should give to anyone, I should love people, and treat the others the way I want them to treat me. Isn't it the only reason why religion has been made for? So that people can get along and behave themselves? So that they can have the best life they could ever have? I think that religion is just an old version of law! And hell is the old version of jail!

I believe in the great power in life, but I don't need to pray for that. The power I believe in, donesn't need my worshiping! The power I beleive in, is much greater and much more generous than this!

But still I respect all other people's thoughts and beliefs. Everybody KNOWS the way they think is right, and that's why everybody's thought is precious.

9 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

What a good girl you are. You are certainly on the right track.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Her Life Goes On said...

Thanks, well I am trying to be a good one, but unfortunately we don't look the same to all the people. People look different to different people. What's important is to look who we really are to the ones that are important to us. This would make us feel better.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Texas Gurl said...

i try to have faith in my christian god. i try to believe in his word. i want to believe. it's just so hard. in this day when we require dna evidence in order for us to believe anything, it's difficult to believe in something blindly.
it's scary to think of what lies after death if heaven and hell don't exist. is this it? i try to live my life as though this life is all we have.
i am like you. i keep an open mind and respect other's beliefs. everyone is free to believe in whatever they want. who am i to judge them or their views? i don't understand, however, when people try to inflict their views on others.
i wish you would post pictures of your homeland and a pic of yourself. i am just a stupid american who had an image of a iranian muslim woman in my mind, with her head covered and such. but now i know you are nothing as i thought. i wonder what your homes look like and your city stores. i'm just very curious.
hope you had a wonderful holiday, if you guys participate in festivities this time of year. see i'm so ignorant to what goes on over there. :)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Her Life Goes On said...

Texas Gurl,
I guess it would've been more interesting to you if I was a covered head muslim woman! About posting my picture, I would like to add you as my friend in my ORKUT community if you don't mind. There you can also see some of my pictures.
I'll send the invitation to your gmail add.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Refuge said...

As a Buddhist initially raised as a Christian, thank you very much and a Merry Christmas to you too! :) There can never be too many occasions in which to wish eachother well.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Her Life Goes On said...

Kristian,
Looking for more occasions, I thought of saying that our -Persian- new year is on 21March. Now you have more occasions to wish well :)
Wish you a nice holiday.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Refuge said...

I'll keep that in mind! :)

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://jwqzujkl.com/fbez/krqh.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rhlclzsa.com/cwso/mfdr.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://jwqzujkl.com/fbez/krqh.html | http://wzvcmxhm.com/povc/etcj.html

 

Post a Comment

9 comments